The more and more our world is digitally connected, it seems like more and more collaboration startups pop up every month. There are a lot of solutions available for organizations nowadays. This is especially true now that we have been forced to find solutions to successfully connect remote team members to our organization’s assets.
While it is true that there are many collaboration solutions to choose from, we’ll go over why your organization should be using Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams features
Microsoft Teams is a chat based collab solution that offers the ability to share documents, host online team meetings and more to help facilitate your organization’s business communication.
Being able to quickly communicate with all of your team members is key to keep up with your business’s demands. Shared workspaces makes this a breeze by being able to easily connect a large number of employees, remote or on-site, so that everyone can easily communicate.
- Teams and Channels – Being able to create teams and separate tasks with channels is huge to help keep your entire team organized. You can think of Channels like chat rooms where different team members can have access to different Channels to help accomplish all of your tasks. It’s easy for Channel members to add other Team members to different Channels.
- Chat – You can chat within Channels, Teams or Individually to make sure the right people are getting your messages. Schedule meetings right within the chat box, or start a video conference with any team member/team to quickly discuss a document you shared or any other topic.
- Document Sharing – Every Team will have a SharePoint Online folder where every document shared in Channels gets saved to this folder. Admins can create, organize and create special permissions for Teams, Channels and individuales. These security features are key to control sensitive information within your Teams. Plus, Word, Excel or PowerPoint is easily accessible through your Microsoft Teams platform. Create, edit and share quickly and efficiently.
- Virtual Meetings – Microsoft Teams offers online video meetings – in Teams (for large meetings) or individual private virtual meetings. This feature isn’t restricted to people within your organization as other people outside of your organization can also join. The Online Video Calling feature also provides screen sharing/remote desktop access.
- Full VoIP – With additional licensing, Microsoft Teams also provides VoIP service. You can replace your existing phone system and easily connect remote workers and branches all over the world.
Why should your organization be using it?
It’s easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to scale as your organization grows. Microsoft Teams will help keep all of your team members connected, organized and collaborating as if everyone was working on location.
Microsoft Team members won’t have an excuse to fail to communicate. They have various options like chat, video conferencing and VoIP. Dropping the ball is a thing of the past.
Providing your organization with this platform, you can drastically decrease the amount of emails you send back and forth to each other. Instead, quickly chat/call/video conference your colleague and increase productivity.
JTD Partners is an official Microsoft Teams partner and can help get your organization set up. Please contact us to see if Microsoft Teams is a right fit for your company.